The variety of electrical products in the market has led us inevitably to buy in order to facilitate all daily work. But do you know the amount of energy used by an electrical appliance in your home? Actually, you can carry out your own energy use and control their use to conserve electricity.
The electricity consumption of a household is dependent on family size, lifestyle, number and age and duration of use of electrical equipment. You can calculate an approximate cost of electricity for each different electrical equipment if you know three of the following:
i. Power and efficiency of the equipment (usually found in metal plate or inscribed on the equipment)
ii. The number of hours you use the appliance daily.
iii. Tariff per kWh for electricity.
The monthly electric bill is usually increased by the over time due to increased utilization.
Increased use of electricity can be caused by:
• Increase the number of new electrical equipment;
• Increasing the use of electrical equipment;
• Use of additional electrical equipment such as lights and other decorations during the holiday season;
• Replacement of old electrical appliances with small power electric equipment of the new authorities in accordance with a growing family; and
• Inefficient electrical appliances such as refrigerators that suffered damage termostatnya, refrigerant gas shortage or damage to the rubber adhesive door will cause the refrigerator worked too long periods of time and a waste of electricity.
Did You Know?
If six million homes replace 100W bulbs or tungsten round to fluorescent or compact fluorescent lamp 20W, then it will result in electricity savings of 1.56 billion, reaching almost kW / h, which is equivalent to a saving of almost RM615 million a year.